Friday, September 4, 2009

Thoughts from Thursday and upcoming week 1

S. Carolina @ NCSU - I have to admit that I have never been more letdwon by the 1st game of the season than this one. Both teams looked like total shit on offense and it was just a poorly played game. Looks like the refs could use some work identifying blatant face masking calls.

Oregon @ Boise St. - Two things. Blount is a moron. From punching his own teammate to the Boise punk, to the fans and security detail, he did everything wrong. Talking shit and then going for -5 yards had to sting. Expect him to get at least 3 games although I wouldn't argue if he was gone for the year. The other issue is Boise will now roll through an awful schedule and finish the year undefeated. They need to force the issue and join the MWC.

73 point spread. I don't think Florida will cover it. Figure CS finds a way to get 1 score and Florida won't go over 80 to cover. They are saving it up for Tennessee.

People are on edge in Ann Arbor. From the 20 hour rule breaking, to RichRod getting scammed it has been a rough week for Michigan football. Hiller the WMU QB is good. Really good and I can see him keeping WMU in the game. I think Michigan wins it but anything less than a 2 td win is going to be seen as a failure.

I think Gresham not playing against BYU is a total non factor. OU is going to win this game 50-23. They need to look as good as possible in case they do end up with one loss. That Boise win had to have changed the thinking for the possible big time 1 loss schools (LSU, TEX, OU, Bama, Ohio State, Penn St, etc).

Cal is going to take out Maryland in short order. Everyone knows my thoughts on Cal.

Penn St. should apologize to all the fans who bought tickets to what Penn St. calls an "non conference schedule."

Kudos to Alabama, VT, OU, BYU, UGA and Okie St for having balls in week 1.

Speaking of UGA @ Okie St, I like UGA to win outright. I think we see yet again an SEC defense showing the Big12 how it is done.

Some bets I placed this week.

Ohio St -21.5 over Navy. $50
UGA ML @ +175. $200 to win $350.

I also am running a $5 per game bet with a co-worker.

Bets for week 1.

I have
Boise -5 WIN
Wash +17
Alabama -7
U -21.5
UGA +6
FSU -5.5

It is amazing how the Miami/FSU game has fallen. I remember in 1992 and 1993, people being as interested in that game as they were about the Michigan football game on those days. And 1 of those games was against Michigan St. Now the "battle for Florida" is almost a total afterthought.

No comments: